About Me

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Individual Meat Loaves

I love how easy meat loaf is, throw it together and you're done.  This is a very basic recipe, I use it to make these individual loaves or a bread pan loaf and if I'm really ambitious I make meatballs.  Today I had classes most of the day, didn't get home until a bit after 3:00, threw a few potatoes in the oven, warmed up some frozen corn and Voila! a very good, hardy supper was prepared and served at 5:00.


Individual Meat Loaves 

1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
¾ c. quick-cooking oats
¼ c chopped onion
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1/3 c. ketchup
1 T. brown sugar
1 T. prepared mustard

In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients and mix well.  Shape into six loaves, about 4 x 2-1/2-inch.  Place in an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.  Combine ketchup, sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.  Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until no pink remains.
WW  PointsPlus™ = 7 pts. per loaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!