About Me

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Buttermilk Waffles/Pancakes

My husband tore this recipe out of the Taste section of the Star Tribune a few years ago.  The texture is really nice, very moist (probably all the fat in them helps :).  It's kind of funny, I have some kids who want waffles and some who prefer pancakes, same batter, but.....  I suppose the difference is a waffle is a bit crisper, however, this recipe makes a softer crust.  My husband swears by following the directions to a "T", I tend to be lazy and throw all ingredients together.  My way is very good, but I will admit, the correct way is better.  My nephew was visiting from Florida, this was my treat for him, he LOVES Uncle Maurice's waffles!



Buttermilk Waffles/Pancakes

1-1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 T. granulated sugar
1 egg
2 c. buttermilk
1 tsp. baking soda
4 T. butter, melted

In large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and sugar.  In another large bowl, beat egg, then whisk in buttermilk, baking soda and butter.  Fold in dry ingredients until just combined.  For waffles, put about 3/4 cup batter in waffle maker, bake until crisp.  Makes approximately 5 waffles.
WW PointsPlus™ = 8 pts. per waffle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!