About Me

Saturday, June 30, 2012

BLT Skillet

I found this recipe recently, I figured my kids might like it, I assured them that there was nothing "strange" in it.  The night I made it, I put it on the table and by the time I sat down (why is it that mom's sit down so much later than everyone else?), there were literally 3 bites left!  I will definately be making this again!  It was delicious, it was just what everyone was in the mood for on that hot summer evening.  If I were making a list of "quick and easy" recipes, this would be on it.


BLT Skillet

12 oz. uncooked linguine
12 bacon strips, cut into 1-1/2-in. pieces
3 roma tomatoes, cut into 1-in. pieces
3 garlic cloves, minced
4-1/2 tsp. lemon juice
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. pepper
6 T. grated Parmesan cheese
3 T. minced fresh parsley
3/4 c. chicken broth

Cook linguine according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.  Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tsp. drippings.  In the drippings, saute tomato and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.  Stir in the bacon, lemon juice, broth, salt and pepper.  Drain linguine; add to the skillet.  Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; toss to coat.  Yield 6 servings.
WW PointsPlus™ = 9 pts. per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!