About Me

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lasagna Rollups

I took a chance the first time I made this, I figured my kids would take one look and look away....  I was very pleasantly surprised when they really liked it!  I have only made it using chicken, I like to bake a whole chicken to shred to be used in recipes.  In this case, I cut the chicken into very small pieces.  You can lay the rolls down, seam side down if you wish, or like in this case up on their sides.  If you put up on sides, leave a part of the outside end of noodle bare of filling, it will hold together better.


Lasagna Rollups

9 lasagna noodles, cooked
1 c. cooked chicken, turkey or ground beef
1 c. cottage cheese
1 c. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, separated
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 c. mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375°.  Spray a 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.  Pour 1 cup of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of baking dish.  Set aside.  In a medium size bowl, mix together; meat, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, spinach, 1/4 cup Parmesan and spices.
When noodles are cooked, drain, lay on a kitchen towel to dry.  Start assembling lasagna rollups by spreading 1/9 of the meat mixture over each individual lasagna noodle.  Roll noodle, place into baking dish.  Pour remaining sauce over noodles, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese, top with mozzarella.  Bake for 30 minutes covered with foil, remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
WW PointsPlus™ = 5 pts. per rollup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!