About Me

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Corn Puff Caramel Corn

I was looking for something to bring to a picnic at the lake, some sort of snack that would withstand the heat.  I decided to make this, it didn't work : (  it ended up getting sticky.  I'm not a big popcorn fan, I don't like the hulls.  Puffcorn is basically "hull-less" popcorn.  The finished product (without the heat....) is a slightly crunchy sweetness that melts in your mouth.  Peanuts are optional, I did add them.  I think next time I will add them into the syrup mixture before adding to the puff corn, I'm thinking that they might stick to the corn better.  Super easy!  I will be making this again!


Corn Puff Caramel Corn

1 (9-oz.) pkg. Puffcorn Curls or popped corn
1 c. salted peanuts, optional
1 c. butter, cubed
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1 tsp. baking soda

Place Puffcorn and peanuts into large roasting pan; set aside.  In a large heavy saucepan, bring the butter, sugar and corn syrup to a boil, stirring occasionally; cook for 2 minutes.  Remove from heat and add baking soda; stir well (mixture will foam up).  Pour over corn curl mixture and toss well to coat.  Bake at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.  Spread on waxed paper to cool.  Break apart and store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!