About Me

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mexican Curry

This family tends to lean toward Mexican when we discuss our favorite meals.  I really don't like meal planning, yet I know the benefits of having a good, complete list when going grocery shopping.  I have discovered a method that seems to make everyone happy, most of the time.  I will have each of my kids request two meals, having four left at home, that gives me eight ideas.  A few menu items consistently are on the list every time, Mexican Curry is one of those.


Mexican Curry

1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce + 1 can water
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. garlic salt
2 c. cooked rice
Frito chips
shredded cheese
lettuce
chopped tomato
sour cream
salsa

Brown beef and onion.  Add rest of ingredients, excluding rice.  Simmer for 35 minutes.  Add rice and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.  Dish over Fritos.  Top with cheese, tomato, lettuce, sour cream and salsa.
WW PointsPlus™ = 4 pts. per cup (meat mixture only)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!