About Me

Monday, August 20, 2012

Oriental Chicken Wings

This past month has been pretty crazy!  It's hard to believe that I will be back in school next week.  A couple of weeks ago, on a Saturday morning, my husband walked in the door after 18 holes of golf and informed me that we had a family potluck picnic to attend....  in 2 hours!  After a quick run to the grocery store for some wings, I put together this recipe.  Very quick and easy.  One of my absolute favorite ways to prepare chicken, I used the same sauce for legs a couple of days ago.  Delicious!  In this case I grilled the wings.  Grilled or oven baked, both wonderful!


Oriental Chicken Wings

3 to 5 lbs. chicken wings, sectioned
3/4 c. water
1/3 c. lemon juice
1/4 c. soy sauce
1 c. sugar
2-1/2 T. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Heat oven to 400°.  Place cooling rack in foil-lined jelly roll pan.  Place wings on rack.  Bake for 30 minutes, turning wings after 15 minutes.  In small saucepan, combine water, lemon juice and soy sauce.  Heat to boiling.  Boil for 3 minutes.  Combine sugar, cornstarch and spices; add to soy sauce mixture.  Cook until thickened.  Brush sauce on wings; bake 15 minutes longer, turn wings; brush with sauce.  Bake an additional 15 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. What happened to putting the WW points? I did make these & they were good, but I had to bake them a lot longer. My wings may have been large. I also broiled them for a short while to brown & crisp them up. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not forgotten about WW points, I have kind of decided that if the recipe doesn't have exact ingredient amounts, I wouldn't bother, for example this recipe calls for 3 to 5 pounds of chicken....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to try this. My kids love Mom's Chicken Wing recipe so that is the one I usually do. This sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, these wings and Mom's are comparing apples to oranges. I love Mom's, but this recipe has a more "sticky" coating, maybe chewy (not doing well with my adjectives), try them, you'll love em. I like how you don't have to do ahead with the marinade.

      Delete

Please share with me your comments!