About Me

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mexican Lasagna

We love tacos and we love lasagna, so......  I will definitely make this again, I actually made an extra pan to freeze.  I really like recipes that freeze well, I often find myself with not much time to throw something together, love it when I have something to just throw in the oven :).  This recipe calls for uncooked lasagna, I partially cooked them since I was freezing some.  If you cook your noodles, omit the water.


Mexican Lasagna
2 pds. ground beef
1 - 16 oz. refried bean
1 - 4 oz. chopped green chilies
1 envelope taco seasoning
2 T. hot salsa
4 c. shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
12 oz. lasagna, uncooked
1 - 16 oz. mild salsa
2 c. water
2 c. sour cream
1 - 2 1/4 oz. can sliced olives, drained
3 green onions, chopped
1 med. tomato, chopped, optional

In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chilies, taco seasoning and hot salsa.  In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the noodles and meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers twice.  Combine mild salsa and water; pour over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through.  Top with sour cream, olives, onions, tomatoes if desired and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
WW PointsPlus™ = 11 pts. per serving 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!