About Me

Monday, November 5, 2012

Au Jus Roast Beef (French Dip)

This French dip recipe is so incredibly easy to make and tastes excellent!  This is often a recipe I make if we having friends for dinner.  I have heard many times "this is the best French dip I have ever had!"  I have served it with the drippings as a dipping sauce, or I have mixed the dripping in with the shredded beef and served directly on hoagie buns.  Either way, its delicious!


Au Jus Roast Beef (French Dip)
 4 lbs. beef roast
1 pkt. Hidden Valley dry mix (original)
1 pkt. Au Jus Mix
8 c. beef broth

Mix the 2 mix packets with beef broth, the dry ingredients mix better if the broth is warmed a bit first.  Pour over roast in crock pot.  Cook all day (6 hours minimum), remove from crock pot, shred and serve in hoagie buns.  Use remaining sauce/juice for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!