About Me

Friday, November 9, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

So if there is oatmeal in these cookies, does that mean they are healthy?  That's what I thought....  I actually love oatmeal raisin, but for some reason my kids prefer these (chocolate vs. raisins?).  I suppose the raisins would make them too healthy....  Seriously, these are excellent, I tend to prefer a moister cookie like this one, and maybe the oatmeal really does add a nutritional benefit... sounds good to me.


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. margarine
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1-1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 c. oatmeal
1 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°.  Cream shortening, margarine and sugars until smooth.  Add vanilla and eggs, mix well.  Mix in dry ingredients.  Stir in chips.  Use cookie scoop or drop onto cookie sheet.  Bake for 12-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!