About Me

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Chocolate Mint Meltaways

I think everyone has their favorite Holiday cookies, one my favorites from childhood?  Mint Hideaways, which are really good, but a bit putzy.  I'm sure I will still make them, as for today, I made these.  It's a cookie I had at a friends last Christmas season, this was my first attempt.  Excellent!  If you like a soft and chewy chocolate mint cookie, you will love these!  This recipe is huge.  When I made it I cut it in half.  Don't question the fact that there is no salt or vanilla, this is accurate.


Chocolate Mint Meltaways
3 c. brown sugar
1-1/2 c. butter
1/3 c. water
4 c. chocolate chips
4 eggs
5 c. flour
2-1/2 t. soda
2 tsp. peppermint extract
 Andes mints (approximately 156)

Cream sugar, butter and water.  Add chocolate chips, eggs and extract, mix well.  Mix together dry ingredients, mix with rest of batter.  Chill dough.  Line cookie sheet with tinfoil (shiny side up), strange instruction, but do it.  Roll dough into 1 inch balls, place on foil.  Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.  Top each cookie with Andes mint, let set for about 1 minute, turn quarter turn (I had 2 pans going at the same time, when each cookie had a mint, I immediately went back to first one, the mint was perfect softness for turning).  Remove to cooling rack.  Makes about 13 dozen.
WW PointsPlus™ = 3 pts. per cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!