About Me

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

BBQ Spare Ribs

This was my first ever attempt at making ribs, the real kind, like the ones you order at a rib joint.  I always assumed they must be a little difficult, or at least you must know exactly what you are doing.  Boy was I wrong!  I'm actually feeling kind of silly about this :).  I figured there was no way I could replicate the "falling off the bone" ribs that I love to order.  I did it!  This recipe is really as easy as it looks, with awesome results.  The recipe calls for 6 pound of spareribs, I think I had closer to 10 pounds, I didn't change the sauce amount, it goes a long way.  Having extra to keep in the fridge would actually be kind of nice, it's really good!  These ribs have been my sister Sandy's "Famous Ribs" for a long time (I guess I didn't believe her when she told me how easy they are to make :).


BBQ Spare Ribs

6 lbs. pork spareribs
1-1/2 c. ketchup
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. vinegar
1/2 c. honey
1/3 c. soy sauce
1-1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground mustard
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper

Cut ribs into serving size pieces; place with meaty side up on racks in two greased 9 x 13-inch pans (if you don't have racks, don't worry about it, just put into pans).  Cover tightly with foil.  Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.  Drain;  remove racks and return ribs to pans.  Combine remaining ingredients into medium saucepan, heat on stove-top, no need to boil, just enough to make sure everything is blended well; pour over ribs.  Return to oven, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until sauce coats ribs, basting half way through.  Ribs could also be grilled for that last 35 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!