About Me

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sweet and Sour Chicken

We love Chinese at this house.  My second daughter, home from college for Winter break, will always request it.  She helped me with this meal, we actually made home made cream cheese wantons to go with (recipe to follow, soon).  We were not counting points/calories with this meal.....  Oh well, maybe next time?  Enjoy!  It was not as putzy as I thought it would be.  Served with wontons, rice and egg rolls (didn't make the egg rolls, might try it one day...).


Sweet and Sour Chicken

3-5 chicken breast

Breading:
salt and pepper
1 c. cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 c. canola oil

Sauce:
3/4 c. sugar
4 T. ketchup
1/2 c. white distilled vinegar
1 T. soy sauce
1 tsp. garlic salt

Rinse chicken, trim off fat or extras,  cut into 1 inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Dip chicken into cornstarch, coat all the way, then dip into eggs. Heat oil in large skillet. Cook chicken until browned. Place in baking dish. Jellyroll pan works great!

Whisk sauce ingredients until smooth, warm slightly on stovetop. Pour evenly over chicken. Turn chicken so the sauce gets on both sides, bake in oven at 350° degrees for 15 minutes, turn chicken, cook for 15 more minutes.

4 comments:

  1. I pinned a recipe similar to this on pinterest. Anxious to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will make this again.... I wonder if I pinned your pin for this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was scrumptious!!!! I will make this again. I have picky kids so I only put sauce on half and thickened the rest to dip. Thank you for sharing, I've used a few of your recipes. Jane H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This IS delicious! I need to make it again, Elle is home from college, maybe she will make the wontons :)

      Delete

Please share with me your comments!