About Me

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Five Can Soup

Okay, although this soup looks super healthy, it's probably pretty high in sodium.  If someone wanted to take the time, I'm sure you could use fresh ingredients.  I started making this when I first started following Weight Watchers, years ago.  It's really high in fiber...  I'm not sure the point value with the current WW plan, but back when...  It was only 1 point per cup.  I love the added "spark" that comes from the Rotel tomatoes.  This is not a fussy combination.  I personally don't care for a lot of corn in soup, so I substitute another type of beans (such as Pinto) for the can of corn.


Five Can Soup
10 oz. can Rotel tomatoes
19 oz. Progresso Minestrone soup
15 oz. canned corn
15 oz. canned black beans
15 oz. can Veg All

Just dump all ingredients together, heat on stove top.  This keeps really well in the fridge or in the freezer.  Yields about 8 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!