About Me

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Panda Express Cream Cheese Wontons (copy cat)

I have always wanted to make these, I've been a little afraid of the calories, because of the deep-frying.  My daughter convinced me we should go ahead and do it.  Super easy!  Very, very good!  I don't have a deep-fryer, so we just used a heavy pot on the stove top.  Oh my goodness...  I will make these again, and I will turn off the voice saying "how many calories are in these things?" Wonton wrappers are really easy to work with, a dab of water and they stick to themselves.  We had this with our Sweet and Sour Chicken meal. 


Panda Express Cream Cheese Wontons
8 oz. package cream cheese – softened
1-1/2 T scallions sliced thin
pinch of garlic powder
wonton wrappers
oil for frying
Sweet & Sour Sauce (for dipping)

Mix together cream cheese, garlic powder, and scallions.  Begin to heat oil in a heavy pot, a couple of inches is good (it should be hot-hot). Place about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mix in a middle of a wonton wrapper, fold wonton wrap by dipping fingers into water and secure shut. Drop wonton into oil and turn over once, wonton will crisp up and then remove onto a paper towel. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.  I didn't count, but this made quite a few...

4 comments:

  1. We make these with wonton wraps and sour cream and chive cream cheese. We pretend that they are calorie free too. :)and...i love this blog!
    ~Laura Kangas -U.P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I know Laura, ignorance is bliss, isn't it? I'm thinking just plain cream cheese would also be good.....

      Delete
  2. I will have to try these. We recently had some from Pi's Asian Food in Brighton recently. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved these Anne, I do shudder to think of the calories, I wonder if it's possible to bake them....?

    ReplyDelete

Please share with me your comments!