About Me

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween Chex Mix

I saw this recipe a few weeks ago in an advertisement for Brach's Candy Corn.  I decided to make it today for a gathering we are going to this evening.  When I looked closer as the recipe there were a few things about it that seemed strange to me (way to much white chocolate for one).  I ended up improvising and tweaking it to my liking.  I don't do this often, I like a nice neat and detailed recipe!!  Anyway, this is what I ended up with and it's delicious!  Once again, I love the sweet and salty mix!


Halloween Chex Mix
16 oz. white chocolate chips
2 T. vegetable oil
8 c. Rice Chex cereal
4 c. bite-sized pretzel twists
1 c. salted peanuts
2 c. candy corn

In a large bowl mix together cereal, pretzels, peanuts and candy corn.  In a microwavable bowl melt chips and vegetable oil until smooth.  Pour over rest of mixture and stir to coat.  Spread onto wax paper until cooled and chocolate is set, break into chunks.  Store in air tight container.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my. I made this. It was ridiculous. I can't make it again. *burp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I know Leanne, I made it for a bonfire gathering. I had to leave early and I made sure to go around the fire and "share" the rest before I left, I was not taking it home with me! It's very similar to my "White Chocolate Party Mix" recipe in the cookbook (pg. 22). The candy corn has such a nice Fall feel.

      Delete
    2. Leanne, I sent you an email, not sure if it's a correct one. I'm going to make this to bring to your dad and moms for when you kids are home (in case you were thinking of doing the same :)

      Delete

Please share with me your comments!