About Me

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Broccoli Cheese Soup

I think the recipes that get me the most excited are soup recipes.  I love to try new ones, often its something similar to what I have made in the past with a little added twist.  No soup is complete without some sort of bread to dip.  Pictured here is just a basic Bisquick drop biscuit.  Always easy and always a hit.  This soup is very rich and creamy!


Broccoli Cheese Soup
1-1/2 sticks margarine
1/4 c. chopped onion
6 c. broccoli, cooked
1/2 c. flour
2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
1 qt. half-and-half
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 c. shredded Swiss cheese

Melt margarine in large pot; add onion, cook and stir until onion is tender.  Add cooked broccoli; sprinkle flour over mixture, cook and stir for 1 minute.  Add broth; heat until hot.  Add half-and-half, cheeses and pepper.  Heat until warm and cheeses are melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!