About Me

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Slow Cooker Pork Chops

I found myself at a bit of a loss for what to make for supper.  Believe it or not, one of my least favorite activities is meal planning....  On this particular day, I decided I would try to make due with whatever I had on hand.  I found a package of pork chops in the freezer.  Everyone knows that the only way to prepare pork chops is on the grill, right?  With Wright County Pork Producers Pork Chop Seasoning.... :), didn't feel like grilling in the cold.  So, I went to Pinterest, did a search for pork chops.  When I saw the words "slow cooker", I was all over it.  I LOVE using the slow cooker, fill it and forget it!  We absolutely loved this recipe!  My husband took it as leftovers to work for 3 days (I know, as always I made a lot).  I will make this again and make it often.


Slow Cooker Pork Chops
4 thick-cut pork chops, bone in or boneless
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c. chicken broth
pepper

Combine soup, dressing mix, garlic, and broth.  Sprinkle chops with pepper (do not salt).  Place chops in slow cooker and pour soup mixture over top.  Cover and cook on high 4 hours or low 6-7 hours.  Serve over rice.  Reserve remaining sauce, pour over rice.


6 comments:

  1. will have to try this! I don't ever know what to do with pork chops other than grill them either! :)
    ~Laura Kangas

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing. Probably would be good with chicken breasts too...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leanne, I had the same thought about using chicken. I'm sure it would work great! If you ever try it, let me know how it goes, if I do, I will add chicken as an option to this post.

      - Sarah

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please share with me your comments!