About Me

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Chicken Stir-Fry

This is a recipe that my mom used to make, I'm pretty sure she came up with it herself.  I like to think of it as a "Stir-Fry Base".  Use it as a starting point for any type of stir-fry you might want, be it chicken, pork, beef, etc.  Dress it up, or down, whatever you like.  Lots and lots of flavor.  Throw in some crushed red pepper to spice it up, can't lose with this one.  I definitely double this recipe for my family.  It just depends on how "saucy" you want it.


Chicken Stir-Fry

Sauce:
1 c. chicken broth
2 T. cornstarch
1/4 c. water
3 T. soy sauce

Optional additions (pictured):
2 to 3 chicken breasts, cut up
1 onion, sliced
12.6 oz. bag frozen broccoli
(really, add whatever you would like)

Stir-fry chicken in a bit of oil, until no longer pink.  Add additional veggies, etc. until crisp tender.  Mix together sauce ingredients in medium size bowl, pour over stir-fry, cook and stir over low-medium heat until thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!