About Me

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Favorite Meatloaf

All meat loaves are NOT created equal, in fact they can greatly differ from one another.  I have a few different recipes that I will use.  This one stands out with its touch of sage.  I would say this is the one I make the most, second in line would by my Individual Meat Loaves.  Be sure to make the topping that this recipe recommends, for the full experience!


Favorite Meatloaf

Meat loaf:
1-1/2 lbs. ground round (lean ground beef)
1/4 c. onion, chopped
1 c. crushed soda crackers crumbs
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1-1/3 c. milk

Topping:
3 T. brown sugar
1/4 c. ketchup
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. dry mustard

Combine meat loaf ingredients; mix well.  Press into greased large loaf pan.  Mix topping ingredients; spread over loaf.  Bake at 350° for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!