About Me

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Blueberry Bread Supreme

This was the last of my Upper Michigan Blueberries.  I'm not sure how I will survive the next couple of months until they are once again in season.  My parents live on Lake Superior in Northern Michigan, blueberries are plentiful come August.  I am fortunate I have a husband and a couple of kids (not all) who actually enjoy picking, I will be honest, I really don't like it at all......  I usually manage to stay out of the patches.  I am also fortunate that those that pick will share!

Special memories:  blueberries actually grow in and around my parents yard/property.  I think every grandchild has come to Grandma at some point of their toddler life with a fist full of berries, proudly giving them to her and proclaiming that now she can make a blueberry pie.  The amazing part is, Grandma always manages to make a blueberry pie, using that fist full of berries........



Blueberry Bread Supreme

2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/3 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 egg
1 c. sugar
2 T. butter, melted
1 c. buttermilk
1 c. blueberries
1 c. pecans, finely chopped

Mix dry ingredients together.  Beat egg; add sugar, mixing well.  Stir in melted butter and buttermilk.  Blend in dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.  Fold in blueberries and nuts.  Pour batter into greased 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.  Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool on rack.
WW PointsPlus™ = 77 pts. per loaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!