About Me

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mom's Coleslaw

This is by far the best coleslaw I have ever had, or made.  It's actually called "J's Family Restaurant Coleslaw", but it's the only slaw my mom ever makes, so that's what it's known as.  We used to have a locally owned rib joint, known for their BBQ sauce.  They had a sandwich on their menu that was BBQ pulled pork topped with coleslaw, served in a bun.  Sad to say the restaurant is no longer open, but that particular menu item lives on!  I'm not sure my family would even eat a pulled pork sandwich without the coleslaw, very messy, but delicious!  This particular bag of shredded slaw (pictured) was not very colorful :(

Note: if you have my family cookbook, you will notice that I cut the dressing in half, it's all that's needed.  The full recipe is very good also, but if you have made it, you know that you end up with a lot of leftover sauce after the cabbage is gone.


Mom's Coleslaw

1 lb. cabbage, shredded (1 bag shredded)
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. half and half
scant 1/8 c. white vinegar
6 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 T. celery seed
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix all ingredients together, fold into cabbage.  Chill 2-3 hours.  Initially it may seem like the cabbage is to dry, it isn't, let it chill!
WW PointsPlus™ = 35 pts. per recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!