About Me

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Better Than Puuro Cake

I have been making this cake for years, it's by far and away the absolute favorite in this house.  Every birthday has it!  Because of its popularity with my "children", I changed the name from a not very child appropriate one to something warm and friendly like Puuro : ).  For those not of the Finnish descent, Puuro is hot cereal or hot oatmeal, nothing warmer or friendlier than that!  Seriously, this cake is to die for!!

Note: At one time you could purchase a 1/2 pt. jar of Mrs. Richardsons "Butterscotch, Caramel, Fudge" topping.  Now I can usually find a jar of "Butterscotch, Caramel" and a jar of "Fudge" toppings, I just eyeball the portions to equal 1/3 pt. of each flavor.  I also highly recommend using Mrs. Richardsons brand, I wouldn't make it with any other.


Better Than Puuro Cake

1 box chocolate cake mix
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 pt. jar Mrs. Richardsons Butterscotch, Caramel, Fudge topping
8 oz. Cool Whip
2 to 3 Heath bars, crushed

Make cake according to direction on box (9 x 13-inch).  Let cake cool for 25 minutes.  Poke holes in cake with handle of wooden spoon.  Fill holes with entire can of sweetened condensed milk.  Pour toppings over cake, then cover with Cool Whip.  Cool in refrigerator for at least 5 hours.  Sprinkle with Heath pieces just before serving.  This cake only gets better the longer it has to absorb the toppings.  Serves 20.
WW PointsPlus™ = 11 pts. per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!