About Me

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fried Cabbage

This was my lunch yesterday, today and probably tomorrow.  After all I need to use the whole head :).  Seriously, I found myself with an extra head of cabbage and decided to do some research to see if there was something "else" I could do with it, the crushed red pepper caught my attention.  I cut the recipe down to 1/3 for my lunch portion.  I like a light lunch (save my points for supper), this fit the bill, the red pepper gave it the little zing I tend to lean towards when making low point lunches.  Maybe the "big" flavor makes me feel like I ate more....?


Fried Cabbage

2 T. butter
1 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 c. coarsely chopped cabbage
1 T. water

In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the sugar, salt, pepper flakes and pepper. Add the cabbage and water. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield6 servings.
WW PointsPlus™ = 2 pts. per serving


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!