About Me

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Philly Burger

I know.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.... That was my thought when I first saw this recipe.  The ingredients do not deviate far from what I usually use when making a grilled burger, which is onion, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper mixed with my ground beef.  I gave it a try.  I will make this again, the sauce was a nice added twist.  My kids opted for cheeseburgers, no sauce.  I don't know that they noticed a difference from the typical grilled burgers I make.  It's fun to change things up a bit!


Philly Burger

2 T. Worcestershire sauce, divided
4 tsp. Dijon mustard, divided
1 can (2.8 oz.) French-fried onions, divided
1 pd. ground beef
1 pkg. (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 jar (2.5 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
4 hamburger buns

In a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 3 teaspoons mustard and half the onions. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Form into four patties. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.  Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine the cream cheese, remaining Worcestershire sauce mixture, mushrooms and parsley. Spread the cheese mixture on cooked patties; top with reserved onions. Grill or broil 30 seconds longer or until the onions are crisp-tender. Serve on hamburger buns. Yield: 4 burgers.
WW PointsPlus™ = 16 pts. per burger
 

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking I should make a more interesting burger. I think my family would like this. I plan on trying this recipe next time we have grilled hamburgers. Looks delicious! (btw, I'm super impressed with your food photos! I have such a hard time with that.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were good, I loved the added onion/crunch of the French fried onions. I didn't feel that the French fried onions added to the ground beef changed the flavor of just adding onions, and it DID add calories :(, it may have changed the texture.....?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Please share with me your comments!