About Me

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Baked Oatmeal

 My school age kids have gone off to school, my 3-year old is still sleeping, all is quiet.  Just got off the treadmill, retrieved the morning paper and am sitting down to my morning oatmeal.  Aaaaahhhhh......  Seriously, there is oatmeal and there is "oatmeal".  This is a favorite passed on from one of my sisters, topped with nothing other than fresh Michigan Wild Blueberries found on my parents Lake Superior lake shore property.  Not picked by me, berry picking is NOT my thing, thankfully I have a husband and children who love the opportunity to commune with nature and crawl around the ground for hours on end, and, thankfully I get to reap the benefits!


Baked Oatmeal

1 c. olive oil (can use butter or applesauce) I use half oil and half melted butter.
1-1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs
6 c. oatmeal (I used Old Fashioned)
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 c. milk

Combine all ingredients.  Pour into greased 9 x 13-inch pan.  Bake at 375° degree for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned.  Serve with fresh fruit.  Can refrigerate overnight before baking.  Recipe can easily be cut in half.
WW PointsPlus™ = 10 pts. per 1/12 of recipe

2 comments:

  1. The sugar can be easily reduced. I think I use 1/2 cup and a lot of times will mix the blueberries in before baking so it adds that extra sweetness. So Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Sara, I love the feedback!!

      Delete

Please share with me your comments!