About Me

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ham with Brown Sugar and Pineapple

I had this recipe for a long time before I actually tried it.  A traditional ham dinner is always a treat and I have asked myself, "why change something that works"?  After many rave reviews from family members I tried it.  I have made it many, many times since.  It's so easy and so tasty!  I have included a recipe, but it's not a very fussy one.  Cooking it on a low temp and slowly, really tenderizes the meat. I like the use my crockpot whenever possible.  The size of the ham really doesn't matter, just baste it every so often and you're set!

 Before

 After



Ham with Brown Sugar and Pineapple

Whole ham
1-3/4 pds. brown sugar (roughly)
20 oz. can crushed pineapple

Place ham into large roaster.  Pack brown sugar around base of ham.  Dump can of pineapple on top of ham, juice and all.  Tent ham with tinfoil.  Bake at 300° for 4 hours, basting approximately every 30 minutes.  If using crockpot, cook for 6 hours on high.  Another option is putting the ham in a pan and making it on your grill, excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!