About Me

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Cinnamon

As a child, I would have gone to great lengths to avoid sweet potatoes, as a child I avoided most foods, I was pretty predictable as to what I would and would not eat.  As an adult, I have definitely found a love for and an appreciation of all types of foods and have learned it's all in the preparation.  I try very hard to get my own children to broaden their horizons and at least try different things, they are often pleasantly surprised!


Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Cinnamon

4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling potatoes after cooked
1/4 c. honey
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Lay the potatoes out in a single layer on a roasting tray.  Drizzle the oil, honey, cinnamon, salt and pepper over the potatoes.  Roast in 375° oven for 25-30 minutes or until tender.

Take sweet potatoes out of oven and transfer to a serving platter.  Drizzle with more extra-virgin olive oil.

Serves 4.

WW  PointsPlus™ = 10 pts. per serving.

4 comments:

  1. I love sweet potatoes, so I am going to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to let me know what you think! I think you will LOVE them!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Another attractive dish! Sweet potatoes is something I made the mistake of passing up as a kid...

      Delete

Please share with me your comments!