About Me

Monday, February 27, 2012

Creamy Linguine With Ham and Peas

Oh my goodness!  This was the first time I have made this recipe and it's unbelievable!  I got it from my sister, who got it from my niece, and so it goes....  When I go out to dinner, my favorite menu item is pasta, I haven't had great success in replicating these dishes.  This one passes the test!  My whole family loved it!  I made it according to the recipe, it's not very point friendly.  Instead of heavy cream, my sister used 1/2 milk and 1/2 half and half and said it was every bit as tasty. 


Creamy Linguine with Ham and Peas

8 oz. ham, cubed
1 lb. linguine
2 T. butter
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. flour
1 c. chicken broth
2 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
1 c. frozen peas, thawed
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
6 leaves fresh basil, chopped

Cook linguine according to package directions, don't forget the salt (I used 1 T.).  Cooking water should taste salty.

Heat butter in large skillet.  Add mushrooms and saute' until soft.  Add garlic and saute' another minute or two until garlic is soft.  Add flour, stir until cooked slightly.  Add chicken broth, cook for a few minutes until flour is incorporated and sauce has thickened.  Add cream and heat to simmering.  Add peas and ham.  (Add salt and pepper is desired.)  Toss sauce with linguine, then toss gently with parmesan cheese, tomatoes and basil.  Serves 9.
WW PointsPlus™ = 13 pts. per cup

2 comments:

  1. Yumm! I've already been enjoying your family cookbook. These photos send me flying back to it for MORE. This linguine looks delish...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unbelievable, I will make it again, and again! I was amazed my kids liked it, mushrooms and all...

      Delete

Please share with me your comments!