About Me

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chow Mein Hotdish

If I were to make a list of the top 10 meals that make me think of my childhood.  Chow Mein Hotdish would definitely make the list.  My kids love it as much as I did.  We like to top it with soy sauce and the chow mein noodles are a must!  As my mom always did, we serve it with homemade bread.  Thanks to technology, my bread is much easier.  I would be lost without my bread machine, it's not as good as moms, but an excellent substitute.


Chow Mein Hotdish

3/4 lb. ground beef, browned with onion
1/2 heaping c. rice
1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup, undiluted
1 can water
chow mein noodles, optional

Mix together all ingredients (not noodles, bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350.  Top with chow mein noodles for last 15 minuted if desired.
WW PointsPlus™ = 36 pts. whole recipe without noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!