About Me

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chicken Pasta Salad

I would call this my "pasta salad base".  I often start here and add whatever I feel like adding.  As in this case I left it as is, this is the way my kids prefer and it is very good.  If I am making for something other than home, I will add peppers, or maybe use ham instead of chicken and put cubes of cheese in..... I often use canned chicken.  This salad as you see it is often the graduation salad at my sister Sandy's if there is an open house at their home.  Warmer weather is coming, salads are a good thing.  This is super easy to put together, just a bunch of cans and jars.



Chicken Pasta Salad

1 lb. box of pasta of choice
1 (15-oz) jar mayonnaise dressing
1 (15-oz) jar miracle whip dressing
1 (4.5-oz) can chicken (or fresh chicken)
1 (8-oz) can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
2 stalks celery, diced
2 stalks green onion, chopped
salt
pepper

Prepare pasta according to directions on the box.  Combine in bowl; dressings and pineapple juice.  Add to prepared noodles; dressing mix and rest of ingredients.  Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!