About Me

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Smothered Burritos

Few things bring more pleasure than hearing "this is sooo good!" at the dinner table.  I always hear those words when we have Smothered Burritos.  I think I made this many times before anyone realized that I put refried beans in it.  Now that they know, we have refried beans with every Mexican meal.  I have substituted chicken for the beef, just as tasty!



Smothered Burritos

1 (16-oz.) can refried beans
1 lb. ground beef
onion
1 env. taco seasoning
1/2 c. water
7 medium flour tortillas
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 (10-oz.) can enchilada sauce

Brown beef with onion in large saucepan, add beans, taco seasoning and water; cook until bubbly.  Divide meat mixture evenly between 7 flour tortillas, roll up each one and put side by side into a 9 x 13-in. pan.  Pour enchilada sauce over top of tortillas.  Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes, remove from oven, top with cheese, return to oven until melted.  Garnish with salsa, sour cream and lettuce.
WW PointsPlus™ = 9 pts. per tortilla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!