About Me

Sunday, October 14, 2012

O'Henry Bars

I almost never make these bars!  I have 3 different recipes that I try very hard to rarely make, this is one of them.  And probably after I finish this post and calculate the WW points, I may never make them again....  If you want my opinion, the perfect marriage is chocolate and peanut butter, this combination is my major downfall, I try to keep temptation at bay by staying away from mixing these two ingredients in my recipes as much as possible :) I cannot leave them alone!!  Enjoy!


O'Henry Bars
4 c. oatmeal
1 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. melted butter
1/2 c. corn syrup
3 tsp. vanilla
6 oz. chocolate chips
2/3 c. peanut butter (chunky or creamy)

Mix oatmeal and brown sugar together; add butter, syrup and vanilla.  Pat into 9 x 13-in. pan.  Bake 12 minutes in 375° oven (will look doughy, do not overbake).  Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in microwave.  Spread over cooled crust.  Cut into 24 pieces.
WW PointsPlus™ = 7 pts. per piece

2 comments:

Please share with me your comments!