About Me

Friday, October 5, 2012

Scalloped Potatoes with Ham

I have a few favorite dishes that I make with leftover ham.  Scalloped potatoes and ham is one of them.  Quite often I just make a basic "Betty Crocker" version, nothing fancy.  Sometimes I like to do this one with the added flavor of thyme.  If you have made and enjoyed my recipe for Ham and Potato Chowder you will love this recipe.  Very much the same ingredients.  My advice, the longer you bake scalloped potatoes the better, let them get good and crispy on top.


Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
6 T. butter, divided
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. dried parsley flakes
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 c. milk
6 c. thinly sliced potatoes
1-1/2 c. chopped fully cooked ham
1 small onion, chopped

In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
Combine potatoes, ham and onion; place half in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the sauce; repeat layers.
Cover and bake at 375° for 65-75 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
WW PointsPlus™ = 14 pts. per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!