About Me

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hark To Bounty Popovers

I have memories of me and my friends walking about a mile to a little restaurant called Hark To Bounty, I'm sure they just loved us.  A bunch of probably 10 year olds would walk in and order a pop knowing that these delicious popovers were served with every order.  So we would take up a table, order and drink our pops, eat our fill of popovers and (hopefully) leave a meager tip...  Sad the say Hark To Bounty is no longer, but their popovers live on!!  The best method of making popovers is in what is called a "custard cup", it's a small glass dish.  One popover per dish.  You can purchase actual popover pans, I have had them, but much prefer the size and shape using custard cups.  In this case I just used regular cupcake pans and made what I call mini popovers.  Serve with honey-butter for the perfect combination!  If you do mini ones like I did, watch closely, the baking time is cut almost in half.


Hark To Bounty Popovers
12 eggs
4 c. milk
2 T. margarine, melted
4 c. flour
1 tsp. salt

Combine eggs, milk and margarine.  Slowly mix in flour and salt.  Batter will be slightly lumpy.  Grease 15 glass custard cups (or use popover pan).  Fill 2/3 full.  Bake for 45 minutes.  When done, slit a small opening in each popover to let out steam.
WW PointsPlus™ = 6 pts. per popover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!