About Me

Friday, March 2, 2012

Chipped Beef on Toast

I mentioned in an earlier post that if I had to make a list of the top 10 meals my mom made when I was a child, Chow Mein Hotdish would be on it, well, so would Chipped Beef on Toast.  Definitely a reliable standby if I need something quick.  We like to use Texas Toast, or a thicker sliced bread.  Sometimes I will add peas to the mix, but usually it's just like you see it.  Very hearty and filling!


Chipped Beef on Toast

8 T. butter
8 T. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 c. milk
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
2 - 2 oz. pkgs. Buddig Beef, cut into strips
Toasted bread

Heat butter in 1 1/2-quart saucepan over low heat until melted.  Stir in flour, salt and pepper.  Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.  Stir in milk.  Heat to boiling.  Stirring constantly.  Boil and stir 1 minute, add beef and eggs.  Serve over toast.  Makes six 1 cup servings.
WW PointsPlus™ = 8 pts. per cup (sauce only)

4 comments:

  1. This recipe sure brings back memories!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it does, and actually, I still really like it...

      Delete
  2. This is going to be on our dinner table tonight. I am not crazy about beef, but for some reason, this looks fabulous. Maybe a new family favorite?! ~Katie L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be surprised! It's very rich and creamy.

      Delete

Please share with me your comments!