About Me

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Looks like it's sweets for the past few days.  This is my favorite standard chocolate chip cookie recipe.  I use the recipe as a core and like the change it up a bit and use whatever form of chips I have on hand.  In this case it's a mix of white baking chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips and some left over Christmas M & M's I had in the freezer.  I like to make them a little smaller, probably about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie.  I figure I'm going to eat the whole cookie, no matter what size it is, so smaller is better.... 



Chocolate Chip Cookies

2/3 c. shortening
2/3 c. margarine
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
12 oz. chocolate chips

Mix together shortening, margarine and both sugars until well blended.  Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.  Add dry ingredients; mix.  Stir in chips.  Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.  Yields approximately 3 to 4 dozen.
WW PointsPlus™ = 163 pts. whole recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!