About Me

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fruited Broccoli Salad

I made this salad for my oldest daughters graduation.  It covered the need for both a vegetable salad and a fruit salad.  Salty and sweet.  It's definitely a favorite of mine.  I believe the actual recipe called for slivered almonds, I usually use peanuts, you really could use any variety of nut.  The sugar and mayonnaise dressing used in the recipe is one I use in a few different salad recipes, so you may see it again.


Fruited Broccoli Salad

1 (8-oz.) can pineapple chunks
4 c. fresh broccoli florets (I use 1 large bunch)
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 c. green grapes, halved
1 c. red grapes, halved
1 c. peanuts
1/2 c. snipped chives
1 c. mayonnaise
1/3 c. sugar

Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice.  In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, broccoli, celery, grapes, nuts and chives.  In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and reserved pineapple juice.  Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.  Yields 10 cups.  Refrigerate.
WW  PointsPlus™ = 10 pts. per cup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!