About Me

Monday, March 12, 2012

Rye Bread (Bread machine)

I would be terribly lost without my bread machine, it might not be my moms home baked, but it sure is close.  My sister Kristin used this recipe in her bakery.  I honestly could say that I have never had a better tasting rye bread, it's super moist!  I often change things up a bit, this recipe can be made using your bake cycle without any problems.  In this case I used the dough cycle and baked like flat bread, another time I may drop on a pan and bake as buns.  Don't let the sauerkraut scare you, my kids don't even know it's in there....


Rye Bread (Bread machine)

3/4 c. water
2 c. bread flour
1 c. rye flour
1-1/2 tsp. salt
1-1/2 T. brown sugar
1-1/2 T. molasses
1-1/2 T. margarine (can use butter or oil)
1 c. sauerkraut drained and chopped (food processor works best)
1 T. caraway seeds
1/2 T. yeast

Add to bread machine, choose your cycle.  If you do as I did and use the dough cycle, spread on greased baking sheet.  Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes.

Non bread machine directions:
Dissolve yeast in water, mix all ingredients, let rise 30 minutes, shape into dome style loaf.  Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes.  This is for one loaf, can be doubled, tripled, etc. with ease.
WW PointsPlus™ = 44 pts. whole loaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me your comments!