About Me

Monday, March 5, 2012

Saunder's Hot Fudge

This is definitely the best hot fudge sauce I have ever had.  I have made it for years.  I somewhat sheepishly have to admit that I was making it at my sister Sandy's house this past weekend and she was watching me prepare to make it.  She said "don't you make it in the microwave?"....  Anyway, it turns out this recipe can be made very easily and quickly in the microwave.  I can't believe how I would stand at the stove for quite a long time, constantly stirring, so I wouldn't scorch the chocolate, when all I needed was about 3 minutes and a microwave....  I have included both the original and the microwave instructions.



Saunder's Hot Fudge

1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1-2/3 c. light corn syrup
1/2 c. butter
1 (12-oz) bag milk chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla

Put all ingredients in double-boiler.  Stir constantly until mixture is smooth.  Store in refrigerator.  Make 4 cups.  Can be frozen up to 3 months.

Microwave instruction:
Put all ingredients in glass bowl, cut butter into tablespoon size pieces.  Microwave at 80% power for 2 minutes, stir.  Return to microwave at 80% power for 1 minute, stir.
WW PointsPlus™ = 10 pts. per 1/4 cup

6 comments:

  1. YUM. This is for sure the best hot fudge I've ever had. I think I should probably go make some...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend the microwave instructions!! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh great Sarah! I am having a sluggish long winter kind of a day in the copper country and all I want to do is eat...
    Think reading your blog will curb my appetite? I don't think so... :) The hot fudge sounds like a neccesity right now.
    This is a great blog! I will be a frequent visitor...
    - Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shari, you can thank your mom for the microwave idea, although, you probably already knew this.... It was definitely a "duh" moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe freezes VERY well

    ReplyDelete

Please share with me your comments!