About Me

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chocolate Raspberry Bars

When I saw this recipe, it made me think of a chocolate raspberry pie my sister Anne makes, I will have to make that and post it sometime.  I ended up modifying this a bit, the end result was very good, I really like the blend of chocolate and raspberries.



Chocolate Raspberry Bars

1-1/2 c. all purpose flour
3/4 c. confectioners' sugar
1/2 c. butter, cubed

Filling:
3/4 c. seedless raspberry jam
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
3 T. milk
1-1/2 c. white baking chips, melted

Glaze:
1-1/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips
3 T. shortening

In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.  Press into an ungreased 9 x 13-inch pan.  Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until browned.  Spread jam over warm crust.

In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.  Add white chips (melted); beat until smooth.  Spread carefully over jam layer (I found it helped to put this layer into a Ziploc bag and cut the corner to evenly squeeze over jam, then carefully spread).  Cool completely.  Refrigerate for 1 hour until set.

For glaze, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave;  stir until smooth.  Spread over filling.  Refrigerate for 10 minutes.  Cut into bars; chill 1 hour longer or until set.  Store in refrigerator.  Yields 24 bars.
WW PointsPlus™ = 7 pts. per bar

4 comments:

  1. oh!goodie gumdrops! a new food blog to follow. welcome to the blogsphere Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yvonne, I'm having a blast! My kids groan because every meal starts with a photo session.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so yummy. I will have to give them a try.
    This will be fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good, I think you could probably use whatever kind of fruit jam you wanted... I'm sure strawberry would be good!

      Delete

Please share with me your comments!